In recent years, Vietnam’s tourism sector is growing, leading to other service sectors have also developed significantly. In which, business of prize-winning electronic games for foreigners is currently attracting the attention of many investors. AMI will introduce to customers the conditions for business of prize-winning electronic games for foreigners.
Trading in prize-winning games for foreigners is a conditional business and investment sector, detailed in the following legal documents:
- Decree 86/2013/NĐ-CP regulates on prize-winning game business for foreigners;
- Decree 175/2016/NĐ-CP modifys and supplements some things of Decree 86/2013/NĐ-CP;
- Decree 151/2018/NĐ-CP modifys and supplements Decree regulating on investment and business conditions under the state management of the Ministry of Finance;
- Decree 96/2016/NĐ-CP regulates on security and order conditions for a number of conditional business and investment sectors.
- A company shall only qualify for the certification of eligibility for prize-rewarding electronic gaming business after registering for conducting the prize-rewarding electronic gaming business pursuant to the Law of Investment and the Enterprise Law and satisfying all conditions accordance to the regulations.
- Having a tourist accommodation establishment of five-star class or high or superior class as ranked by a competent state management agency in accordance with the Law on Tourism and guiding documents;
- Having a place for building a business facility satisfying the following conditions:
- A company operating the prize-rewarding electronic game business can operate prize-rewarding electronic games at solely one business location licensed by the competent state management agency pursuant to the laws.
- A business facility must be located separately from other business areas of the enterprise and fully satisfy the following conditions:
- Having separate entrance and exit doors;
- It is required to install electronic equipment and camera system for constant monitoring and surveillance of all activities carried out within the business location (24/24h). All footages must be stored within at least 15 days from the recording date. All footages recorded at the entrance gate, in areas where prize-rewarding electronic gaming machines are located, checkout counter and areas where cash or tokens are converted and cash and token containers are located must be stored within at least 30 days from the recording date;
- It is required to satisfy security and order conditions as prescribed by the law on security and order conditions for some business lines subject to conditions, as follows:
- Being eligible for safety on fire prevention and fighting according to the law on fire prevention and fighting;
- Having a plan to ensure order and security;
- Must apply for a certificate of eligibility for security and order.
- There are persons in charge of managing or controlling the casino. Such persons must obtain at least a bachelor’s degree and have at least 03 years of experience in the management of business of prize-winning electronic games
- The company must have a prize-winning electronic game business plan to maintain security and social order as prescribed by law
- The charter capital is not less than VND 200 billion.
Procedures for issuance of business eligibility certificate:
Dossier’s component included:
- An application for a business eligibility certificate.
- The certified copy or the copy with the original, for comparison, of the certificate of investment registration or the certificate of company registration, in which the prize-rewarding electronic gaming business is registered, as issued by the competent state management agency pursuant to the Law of Investment and Enterprise Law.
- The certified copy or the copy with the original, for comparison, of the written decision on ranking of tourist accommodation establishment as issued by the competent state management agency.
- Documents proving the number of accommodation rooms of the tourist accommodation establishment already put into business.
- The site plan of the business facility.
- A copy of the certificate of satisfaction of security and order conditions granted by a competent police office to the tourist accommodation establishment..
- Draft regulation on internal management, organization of the internal control section, internal regulations on anti-money laundering, and game rules
- A business plan contains at least: targets, quantity and categories of prize-rewarding electronic games, expected needs for foreign currency receipt and spending, measures to assure security and social order of the business location and methods for implementing the plan
- The list, resumes and the copies certified by competent state management bodies or copies with the originals, for comparison, of the degrees and diplomas of managerial personnel as evidence of their expertise
- Settlement agency: the Ministry of Finance
- Processing time: Within fifteen (15) days after receiving a dossier, the Ministry of Finance shall notify whether the dossier is complete and valid and request the enterprise to add documents (if any) and send six (6) official dossier sets for appraisal. Within sixty (60) days after receiving a complete and valid dossier, the Ministry of Finance shall consider and grant a business eligibility certificate. In case of refusal to grant a business eligibility certificate, the Ministry of Finance shall notify such in writing to the enterprise, clearly stating the reason.
Above are some information about conditions and procedures for applying for Certificate of eligibility for prize-winning game business for foreigners. We hope these legal knowledge will be helpful to customers. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question.