According to current regulations, organizations and individuals producing and trading food products have to proceed self-declaration procedure. AMI will introduce to customers the self-declaration procedure.
1. Subjects need to proceed self-declaration procedure:
Under the provisions of Clause 1, Article 4, Decree No. 15/2018/ND-CP, organizations and individuals producing and trading food products shall self-publish the following products:
- Pre-Packaged processed foods
- Food additives
- Food containers
- Primary packages of foods
- Food processing aids
Products, raw materials that are manufactured or imported for production or processing of exports or internal production and are not sold domestically are exempt from self-declaration
2. Self-declaration procedures and documents:
Documents for self-declaration of products are specified in Clause 1, Article 5, Decree No. 15/2018/ND-CP including:
- The self-declaration form (Form No. 01 in Appendix I issued with Decree No. 15/2018 / ND-CP);
- Original copy or certified true copy of the food safety data sheet issued within 12 months before the self-declaration is made by an designated laboratory or a laboratory complying with ISO 17025; the data sheet must specify safety indicators prescribed by the Ministry of Health according to risk management principles under international regulations (or standards applied by the supplier if relevant regulations of the Ministry of Health are not available).
- Organizations or individuals shall announce the product declaration through mass media or post it on their websites or publicly post it up at their offices and make public through the food safety data system (if such system has not been established, organizations or individuals shall send 01 application by post or in person to the regulatory agency assigned by the People’s Committees of provinces and central-affiliated cities (hereinafter referred to as “receiving authority”), in order for it to retain the application documents and post the self-declaration, including names of organizations or individuals and product information, on its website. If the organizations or individuals have more than 02 facilities which manufacture the same product, they shall only submit the application at the regulatory agency in their locality where the manufacturing facility is selected by them. After selecting the regulatory agency for submitting the application, the next self-declared documents must be submitted at the previously selected agency.)
- Right after the self-declaration is submitted, the supplier is entitled to manufacture and sell the product and assume full responsibility for the safety of such product;
- Self-declaration documents must be written in Vietnamese language; documents in other languages must be translated into Vietnamese language and notarized. The documents must be unexpired when the self-declaration is submitted.
- In case of change to the product name, origin or ingredients, the supplier shall submit another self-declaration. In case of other changes, the supplier shall submit a written notification to the receiving authority and is entitled to carry on the production or sale of the product afterwards.
Above, AMI has introduced to customers the procedure of self-declaration of products, if there are any related questions, customers can contact us for advice.